Ethical rules for members of the Swedish Association of Professional Body Therapists
By being affiliated with the Association and as a representative of the professional body therapy industry in Sweden, members undertake to adhere to the ethical and social rules described below.
The member and clients’ integrity
- The member appreciates, understands and respects clients’ need for integrity.
- The member does not discriminate against clients on the basis of social standing, beliefs, ethnicity, gender or sexual orientation.
- The member is subject to and respects client confidentiality.
The member and his or her professional role
- The member acknowledges his or her responsibility when working with clients.
- The member always works in the best interests of the client’s health and well-being.
- The member works solely within the field in which he or she has been trained.
- Where the client’s condition so dictates, the member recommends other forms of treatment, e.g. health and medical care.
- The member only conducts examinations that are justifiable based on the client’s reason for the appointment.
- The member does not give treatments that clients do not need or want.
The member and society
- The member shall not talk about other therapists or colleagues in a derogatory manner.
- The member is familiar with laws and agreements that have a bearing on his or her practices.
- Self-employed members adhere to good business practices.
- The member takes a serious approach to pricing.
- The member markets his or her services clearly and accurately.